Recipe: Golden Milk for Beautiful Skin & a Strong Immune System
This yellow spice is related to ginger and probably has many positive effects on our bodies. We think turmeric is:
- An antioxidant
It is also known for its beneficial effects on digestion. It stimulates the liver to produce more bile and stomach acid. It is not for nothing that it is often awarded the title superfood!
It has not yet been clearly proven that application on the skin actually has a positive effect. However, as a drink or spice in warming dishes, turmeric also helps the skin to regulate sebum production. That's why a cup of golden milk a day can help with blemished skin and inflammatory acne.
As a natural antioxidant, turmeric also protects against oxidative stress. It has a neutralising effect on free radicals and thus helps protect cell membranes from harmful molecules, among other things. Hence the anti-aging effect: A lower number of free radicals leads to slower skin ageing and fewer wrinkles.
A golden milk or turmeric latte is not only a trendy drink, but also warms from the inside and strengthens the immune system. And right now we all need a strong immune system!
Easy recipe for turmeric latte
We prepare our Golden Milk with plant-based milk. We like oat milk best, which, by the way, is also the easiest to get from regional and organic production.
For a glass of turmeric latte you need the following ingredients:
- 300ml plant milk (preferably homemade)
- 1 piece of turmeric (approx. 2-3cm in size) or 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 piece of ginger (approx. 2 cm long, if you like it spicy, you are welcome to take more)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Agave syrup for sweetening if necessary
Put all of the ingredients in the blender. Then transfer to a saucepan and briefly boil before allowing the mixture to steep for a few minutes so that the taste of the spices can develop. If you want, sift it - sometimes the blender doesn't manage to completely chop up non-fibrous pieces of ginger. If you want to, froth up the turmeric latte with the milk frother - et volià your healing hot drink is ready!
Products we recommend
- Turmeric latte for your lips
- With precious almond oil
- Long-lasting care & protection
Hands on Veggies Organic Repair & Care Shampoo50 ml, 150 ml
- Intensive, highly effective care
- Smooths & protects
- Strengthens the structure of the hair
- Instantly restructures the hair
- For increased strength & moisture
- Improves the texture of the hair
- Repair & Care Shampoo & Conditioner
- For healthy shine
- Revitalises & nourishes