What Causes Dandruff?
The most common trigger is a dry scalp, but the cause of dandruff can be the result of various other factors and should thus be treated with care. The following list of factors can contribute to the formation of dandruff:
- a scalp prone to dryness
- microorganisms (fungi called Malassezia)
- rarely cleansing the hair
- cleansing the hair too frequently
- a high content in saturated fatty acids in a diet
- low hydration
- intolerances of cosmetics ingredients with aggressive surfactants
An anti-dandruff shampoo that has a positive effect on the masses should be moisturising, without promoting the growth of microorganisms:
It is vital that the plant oils used do not possess a high content in saturated fatty acids since the fungus, Malassezia feeds off these fatty acids. Unsaturated fatty inhibits the growth of this fungus. Evening primrose oil, with its high content in linoleic acid, offers the ideal care for flaky skin and eczema. It possesses anti-inflammatory and healing properties, regenerates the skin's protective barrier and alleviates itchiness. Certain essential oils are particularly effective against fungi. These include peppermint oil, clove oil, tea tree oil, sage oil and cinnamon oil.
If dandruff is formed as a result of eczema, the skin should once again be treated with anti-inflammatory, soothing and healing ingredients.
A holistic treatment can lead to improving the problem of dandruff over time. The following should be considered:
- Follow an unsaturated fatty acid and vitamin-rich diet.
- Stay hydrated!
- Avoid extreme environmental impacts, e.g. wear a hat when exposed to the direct sunlight.
- Doing sports or massage the scalp regularly increases blood circulation to the scalp.
- Use organic cosmetic products and ensure that the cleansers contain only mild surfactants.
- Do not wash your hair on a daily basis. We recommended washing the hair every two or three days.
Products we recommend
Delivery in 3 business days.
We deliver worldwide to
more than 40 countries
with SLL encryption technology